discover what it takes to succeed on this network:
Broadcast your story in a unique way
Delight your audience before and after they become customers
Find influencers and build relationships
Use hashtags to extend reach
A common misconception is that branding is simply a logo or slogan. Branding involves every aspect of a customer’s experience, from your logo to your website, your social media posts, staff uniforms and advertising etc.
1. Add that extra “oomph” to your posts Use emojis and GIFs sparingly
2. Quote retweet Retweet another user with a simple click of a button as well as add your own comment about the original tweet.
3. Tag users in images
4. Start a poll Use Twitter polls to find out more about your audience. Ask them what they’d like to see next.
5. Create Twitter Moments Moments are curated stories that usually follow the same theme, and those that cover trending topics get a spotlight on Twitter’s homepage.
6. Run keyword searches Twitter’s advanced search is a free feature that allows you to set up filters and exclusions for your search to narrow down results. You can save up to 25 searches per profile.
7. Create Twitter lists This feature give you the ability to view a stream of tweets only from the accounts on the list. This helps you get a better, more organized look at the posts by other brands and people.
8. Participate in Twitter chats Get involved in some before hosting your own.
9. Allocate budget for advertising Experiment with Twitter ads and cards.